Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Isn't there just something about heavy weight.

Gotta love the second week of training don't ya, Weights can get a bit heavier and things just look and feel better. That;s the way with tonight. Benchpresses and slowly getting my body ready for the big weight in a few cycles time. But right now man 180kg felt good. I just felt alive yeah. Good speed off my chest and strong looking lockouts. Controlled it all the way to my chest. Still getting use to incline benches, the bar wants to go it's own way every now and then. Not surprising since I haven't done for a long time. Close grip is coming along well and getting good feel in my tri's at the moment. Flat backs with the dumbbells I find I just have a better feel in my tri's when I use the bands. Just me I think. Old school stiff leg deadlifts are working a lot better than I thought. Getting a pretty decent stretch from my hams as well. Working hard on keeping my core strong so keeping the Cable Obliques in. Overall a good day at the office.

Benchpress ( 3 x 3 @ 180kg)
No# 3 bands over elbows a bit like a Titan Ram or Slingshot from Mark Bell.

Incline Benchpress ( 3 x 6 @ 80)
Good reps

Close Grip Benchpress (3 x 6 @ 100kg)
Tucking elbows and trying to feel the weight on my tri"s

Flat Back Dumbbell Extensions ( 3 x 8 @ 30kg)
At the moment I seem to be getting good control on the way down. Probably could use a bit more extensions so will have to watch that part and make sure I am doing it next week.

Stiff Leg Deadlifts ( 3 x 10 @ 90)
I am liking this old school exercise

Cable Obliques ( 3 x 10 @ 48kg)
This is the best way I can find in the gym to simulate swinging an axe.

No comments:

Post a Comment