Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Deadlift's You want me to do Deadlifts, Yeah whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OKAY First Question, who was the bugger that move the floor and extra 15 feet away, cause hell it seemed a lot further away than the last time I did them. As you can guess today was the first day I had done deadlifts for a awhile. Not wanting to go to hard today. the first pull on the first set felt real quick but after that it was just to get though them. The body is starting to feel a lot better now that we have been in 3 days in a row. Also got in some shoulder with some reasonable weights.
Today was just an easy day and I actually felt pretty good though the whole workout. Just a couple more workouts this week and we will have got that first week out of the way. Then on to the bigger stuff. Now on to some speed work on Friday and strongman/gpp on Saturday.

Deadlifts (3 x 5 @ 140kg)
Good sets with no real power or gusto. First rep of first set came up real fast but that was it. Good starting point.

Shoulder Press (3 x 6 @ 60kg)
Behind the neck, Felt pretty good even though I have not done them for a few weeks. Probably dropping them a little fast but will clean that up next week.

Pronated D/bell press ( 3 x 8 @ 25kg)
Felt pretty good but on a few reps a little unbalanced. Again not to worried about it. I am only at the start.

Bentover Lat Raise ( 3 x 10 @ 12.5kg)
Pretty easy sets but good to get them in.

Cable Pull Threws ( 3 x 10 @ 30kg)
Could feel this one a bit more as when doing these I try to squeeze my butt hard. Good to get  them out of the way.

Prowler Push ( 4 x 1 @ 60kg)
The carpet is about 20mtrs there and 20mtrs back. Good way to use my posterior chain. I also try to concentrate on pushing through my butt as well.

1 comment:

  1. Go hard Keith looking forward to seeing you back in the gym!

    ReplyDelete