Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Deadlifts and Shoulders

Things are looking up now that I have been back in the gym for nearly 2 weeks. Not as stiff or sore day on day and slowly getting my head into what has to be done over the next few months. A lot of big stuff on it's way and a few massive challenges. Deadlifts were the first thing tonight and the first set was to put it mildly, CRAP. Butt to high and craning the weight up way to much. Next couple of sets got it sorted out a bit more. Still got plenty of speed and power off the floor. Standing Shoulder presses were pretty good and strong, even the weight was okay. Pronated d/bell press, the weight is to light and I need to push it up a bit next week. Bentover lat raise went okay with good control and by the third set I could feel my rear delts real well. As I haven't done cable pull throughs for a while still getting use to it but making progress. I like to squeeze my butt real hard while doing them and boy can I feel it by the last rep. And who was the idiot that put in prowler pushes, again just getting use to them. Trying to drive through my calves, hams and butt. This is also good for GPP work as well.

Deadlifts (3 x 3 @ 180kg)
Strong off the floor with plenty of power.

Shoulder press ( 4 x 6 @ 75kg)
Good presses and could feel my shoulder's working.

Pronated Dumbbell Press ( 3 x 8 @ 30kg)
Weight is a bit to light so will need to increase that next week.

Bentover Lat Raise (3 x 10 @ 15kg)
Good control and nice tempo.

Cable Pull Throughs ( 3 x 10 @ 54kg)
Good hard squeeze on the way up and can I feel my butt by the end of the set.

Prowler pushes (4 x 1 @ 80kg)
Track is about 15mtrs long. A lot more power this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment