Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Squats on time this week

Yeah, I was able to get in and do Squats on the day they are mean't to be done eg today.

The first set of 180kg felt a little to slow but I felt I had the power to get them done. A better mind set for the next 2 sets and the  reps went a lot better. Brought my feet in a little as I think I was starting to get to far wide at the moment. Will look at getting back out there as I get a bit stronger. The 2nd set felt like there was a lot more power in the reps and they came a lot better. On the 3rd set I got a person to just check my depth to make sure I was getting low enough and they said it look good. Also felt a lot stronger on the last 2 sets with more power from the bottom on the 3rd. Starting to feel better about these at the moment. It will be good to see how 200kg goes next week. At the moment all these reps are being done with only Ollie shoes on.

Front squats are coming along real well to. Varying my foot position from narrow to wide on each set  and it seems to be helping. Working hard at not letting my knees go to far forward while doing the reps which I feel makes my butt work harder. Good speed off the bottom. 3 sets of 6 reps @ 120kg.

Bentover rows were up next and slowly the power from my back is returning. Was able to get out 3 sets of 6 reps @ 100kg which is the first time I have been up here  for a while. Good pull with a controlled descent so not letting the weight drop to the floor. Next week should be interesting as I would be back at weights I was doing in Dunedin. Yea.

After this I had to finish as life got in the way but I am still happy that I was able to get this done.

No comments:

Post a Comment