Sunday, September 16, 2012

2nd week of Deads

Finally got to get the power days done on Friday when I went in to do deadlifts,

Good reps today with a bit more power than last week. 160kg on the bar and they were coming off the ground well. Sets of 5 this week. This weight is light for me but not wanting to rush as I am still getting back into it from the no training/shifting thing. Happy with these and I seemed to have a better attitude today as I got a bit more sleep and was able to eat a bit better.

Shoulder presses were probably a little light but again I am in no rush at the moment. 3 good sets of 6 reps @ 50kg. Good control on the decent and a strong press.

Pronated D/bell press hits my shoulder from a slightly different angle and I feel more of the side of the shoulder working. Not sure if that is what is mean't to happen but that's what I feel. Weights are getting back up to where I left off in Dunedin.

Bentover Lat raise was a nice finisher for today with 3 sets of 10 reps @ 12.5kg. Plenty of control both ways of the lift.

Overall a good day was had and it is another piece in place. Won't be doing any speed work this week as I need some time to recover for squats on Monday and Saturday/Sunday should be fine. If it was around competition time then that would be another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment