Friday, September 14, 2012

Benchpress day

Again running a couple of days late but getting it down.

What was going on today as I made benchpress look hard for some reason. Good set up and everything but my racing snail had more speed than me. Just could not get it going although I was able to get my sets done. Still early days don't want to be the best right now. The speed and power will come I just have to be patience. Still pretty happy with how it is going.

Incline bench went okay although I think the weight is to low so I might have to find another way of doing these safely and being able to put more weight on the bar.

Close grip benchpress is good, in fact I think I am getting more out of these than hoped for at this stage. 3 sets of 8 reps @ 90kg and the felt good strong and fast. Can feel myself putting a lot of emphasis on my Tri's  while doing the reps. Hopefully this will build my tricep's back to what they were and to help me with my bigger benchpresses.

Flatback dumbbell presses. Again getting some good reps from these at the moment. Felt a lot stronger than last week and it felt like more power off the bottom of the rep.

Tricep pressdowns. Changed machine's today and got a lot better result out of the exercise. Weight felt like 100lbs should. Triceps felt in it a lot more and I could really feel my tri's at the end of each set and at the end of the 3rd set.

Another good day with nothing spectacular except for the benchpress, but got to take the good with the bad. On to deadlifts tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment