Thursday, September 20, 2012

Benchpresses

Got in to do benchpress today which went well.

Although the speed of the press was a little slow on the way out the reps were good and it felt good to have that sort of weight in my hands again. I will have to get in to do more speed work as this is what is slowing me down. Set up was good and I was pretty stable. 3 sets of 3 reps @ 140kg with a stop on my chest. all done raw except I use wrist wraps to protect my wrist when I am benching.

Incline benchpress: Found a new moving bench and put it in the power rack (we have 6 of them) tonight as it sets me up a lot better than what they have there. Felt strong off my chest today and I was able to set a lot better because of the different seating position. Was able to get my wrists and elbows/shoulders under the bar better so that ended in better presses. 3 sets of 6 @ 80kg.

Close grip Benchpress: Again these are going a lot better than I thought they would be at this stage. I am getting a good tuck on the elbows on the descent and a pretty decent return. Because I am using the suicide grip I am feeling a lot better and stronger contraction from the Triceps at the top of the press. Good control and I am touching my chest with ease at the moment. I have struggled with that part at times. 3 sets of 6 reps @ 100kg.

Flat back Dumbbell press: back up to the 30kg dumbbell already so I am pretty happy with that at this stage especially as this is only about 5-7.5kg lighter than what I had been doing. Working real hard at keeping my elbows tuck in so I can feel more on them during each rep. 3 sets of 8 reps @ 30kg.

No comments:

Post a Comment