Thursday, September 6, 2012

A couple of days in one go

Again remember that I am just starting back after 6 weeks off to shift to a new city. Tuesday is benchpress day for me so went in to do some. Only went to 100kg for 3 sets of 5 Reps. This is pretty easy for me but it was good to get it out of the way. The old technique came easily and the shoulders/traps were in place quickly with the chest up. Still got plenty of speed (without trying) off my chest. Had a pretty good tuck with my triceps as well. A couple of more weeks then I will be into some of the bigger weights. Incline B/press, Close grip bench, Flat back dumbbell press and tricep pressdowns finished off the night. Not trying to kill myself at the moment so that is why the weights are way back. just want to get moving again.

Wednesday was for deadlift. Today was good with the deads going real strong and fast although it was only 120kg. 5 good strong reps per set. Felt good. Since the weight is so low at the moment I was using a narrow sumo stance to help build up some strength in my abductors. As the weight goes up then I will do my warm ups sumo and my work sets normal as that's how I pull in competition. Shoulder press, Pronated D/bell press and bentover lat raise ended the workout.

Good week overall from a power perspective with not a lot going on but it was good to get back to lifting something. The feel of the bar in my hands again and the body working against weight felt good. Over the next few weeks while the weights won't go stupid they will go up before we start pushing things. Eastside gym has plenty of little in house comp nights so may do a couple of them just to see how things are going but already planing for next years competition year.

No comments:

Post a Comment