Friday, September 14, 2012

A little late but I got them in

Work has been real tough over the last few days and I was not able to get in on the days I wanted to be able to train, so I had to put it back a couple of days. So what should have been done on Monday was done on Wednesday. Again I am just taking some time right now to bring my body back up to power and strength after having a few weeks off though moving to a different city.

Squats went pretty well today with 3 sets of 5 reps @ 160kg. I am liking Eastside in so far as they have wide power racks and you can set your feet out wide when getting ready to squat. The first set I found it a little hard to get down to depth as I was trying to bodybuild squat instead of powerlift. On the next 2 sets I changed that and was poking my butt out the back a lot better with better squats with a lot more power especially out of the bottom. Pretty happy with squats this week. I am still raw and at the moment I am not putting any aggression into any of the lifts or sets, so am happy with my results.

Front squats for 3 sets of 6 reps @ 100kg. Again that wider stance helps with doing these and also using the front squat harness (mine is from getstrength.com) allows for me to spend more time on thinking about getting the best out of this exercise than the bar falling off my shoulders. Just my opinion. Good sets and because of the position a lot of work though my butt.

Bentover rows are slowly coming back but no rush. Can feel my back working on these and yes I do need to bring my back strength and power up if I want that big bench. Weight is probably a little light but it will go up over the next few weeks.

Seated rows for 3 sets of 8 reps. Pretty good stuff today a good filler.

Dumbbell rows for 3 sets as well again the weight is slowly going back to where it was before I stopped training just before we shifted. Give me a few more weeks and I should be back up around the sort of weights I was doing (60kg)

Overall I am happy with where I am at,at this stage. A couple of more weeks then I will be on to another cycle but I have to get though this first.

No comments:

Post a Comment