Friday, February 17, 2012

The last few days

Well we have got though another few days of training with some good results.

Monday was Squats with 50kg of chain (last week something new next week), Worked up to 285kg on the bar plus the chains. The first rep was a bit high so for the next couple of sets I put my straps up and things went better. Got quite a bit lower and if I was below parallel then I was pretty damn close. Had good speed on the way up. Did 3 sets of single reps. The weight did not feel heavy and I felt like I could have out more weight on the bar and picked it up and step out with it. At this stage I am on line for what I want at the Otago's and if I keep this up then a real good figure for the Nats in August.

Benchpress on Tuesday was good as well. Still trying to get the Fury to work reliably. So work up to 250kg on the bar and came to a 40mm board then a couple at 20mm then I just said to my training partner lets just go to my chest. We have to deal with bent bars at our gym so any where near is good enough for me. but was able to touch and press the weight out with a stop. Off the chest was real quick but had to work real hard for the top part of the rep. This happens to me some times so not to worried about that part. Last year I did not do this until about a month from the Nats so at the moment I am about 5 months in front of last year. New cycle next week so will change to something new, Probably No# 1 bands over the bar.

No deadlifting on Wednesday this week but will put in some speed stuff on Friday. Off the 3" board and will work up to 290 again so should have a 875kg total for the week.

Well thats it for now, Off to do some speed work so will let you know how that goes. Strongman training tomorrow. hope to get some pictures with that so I can put those up as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment