Saturday, February 4, 2012

Friday Speed Work

Well got in and got my speed work done today and things went well.

Box squats with the Blue bands were good as I was getting a lot of speed off the box. Real happy with these. The box was set just below parallel and I was hitting it with good timing and getting good drive off the box for the stand up part.

Benchpress was with 55kg of chain on the bar and 55kg of weight on the bar. This was real good as I could feel the chains deload on the descent. Could not feel the same thing on the press but got some real good speed. Was timed on the last 4 set of 3 reps and had a best time of 1.7 seconds right out to 2.37 seconds. So somewhere around 2 seconds to get 3 reps done. Must be about right weight for this sort of time.

Deadlifts off a 3" board. Started at 157.5kg and then went up by 5% a time up to what I did on Wednesday which was 270kg. Good strong pulls on all the reps. Felt strong Did the first 5 reps sumo style the switched back to my normal stance. Because being off the 3" board a lot lees back and a lot more butt and leg drive. First time I have done these and I will be keeping them in on rotation.

Good Day overall.

Off to help my training partner at the Masters Games tomorrow. Then to get some strongman training done.

No comments:

Post a Comment