Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tuesday is for benches

Who would think I have a benchpress competition on Saturday. I am in the process of learning a new shirt (a Superkat Xtreme) As this is an angle sleeve I have to learn a new way of getting the shirt down. Putting it on has to be relearned. Getting better at that part however there is a lot to learn and I have only done 7 presses in total so can't expect to much. However we did decide that we were going to take the shirt for a ride. Used the 2" board on all attempts.

The first press tonight was just to get it sighted in so only had 240kg on the bar. Felt a little slow off the board. However I will take it.

Second press was with 260kg on the bar and still to the 2" board. Good speed off the board and a good lockout.

Third press was what the hell lets go for it. 270kg on the bar and a pretty good rep. Good set up and I tried hard to tuck in real tight. Pretty happy with this.

Fourth press was "right lets go for the ride" 300kg. It is either going to squash me or I am going to be able to do this. Well not quite both. Pretty good control on the way down and some press on the way up. However a great spot from Elijah made me do as much as I could for the rep. The best thing is he did not pick it up off me but just took enough to keep the bar moving. Not fully claiming it but I now know it is doable. Just need the time to work things out and spend more time under that sort of weight. This is the first time I have tried this weight in about 12 months so can't expect to much on the first attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment