Sunday, March 9, 2014

Deload Cycle and a bit

Well I got though my Circa Max week just and not the way it should have gone. What with weather making it a little hard on one day and deadlifts being done out of sync, I was lucky to come away with a 910kg Max Effort week.

However I now go into a deload cycle and have to put in an extra week as the date of the Canterbury Champs came out after I had started my build up to the champs. So my plan is to deload by 12.5% from the top weights of my max effort week, each week for the normal 3 week cycle and then to do an extra week as a filler at 70% of my third attempt weights at the Canterbury Champs on the 12th of April.

So for this week it means that I will be doing 3 sets of 1 rep at 315kg including 30kg of Chain for squats, 3 x 1 at 240 to a 2" Board for benchpress and 3 sets of 1 rep at 262.5kg off 3 mats. Since the big 3 amounts are coming down one of the things I will be doing is keeping my other work high in both reps and weight used. Even the filler week will like this. My idea is to lessen the main lift load however replace that with the extra effort in the other work I do.

Here is a link to the big lifts of my Max Effort week,
360kg incl 135kg of Band tension
260kg off 1 1/2" Board in an Xtreme Shirt
225kg + 65kg Band Tension

The bench is in a Superkat Xtreme shirt for the first time and it needs a few tweaks on my part to get it to work better.

No comments:

Post a Comment