Friday, March 14, 2014

An Update and a Notice

The update is for deadlifts on Wednesday. Was feeling a little sluggish due to the Night Before or just didn't have my head into it properly. I am in the first week of my deloading phase into the Canterbury Powerlifting Champs so all the weights are coming back in percentages.

The weight just felt heavy off the mats for some reason. However on looking at the videos it seems like a reasonable amount of speed and a good "solid" pull to the top. Nothing fancy just hard work. All the rest seems okay but not much to say.
Deload 1 260kg off 3 Mats Set 1
Deload 1 260kg off 3 Mats Set 2
Deload 1 260kg off 3 Mats Set 3

On another note on Saturday I am going to compete in my first competition since the Commonwealths in early December last year. It is the Canterbury Benchpress Champs and while not a targeted competition I still want to do well. Unfortunately I have moved into the Master 2 class (IPF) this year, however on the other side there is lots of room for records and things like that. No real competition as there is no one in my class for the next couple of years. DAMN. Not looking for to much at the moment however I am a COMPETITOR and when we get to the comp things will probably change. At this stage a 250kg opener is probably on the cards and then if I get that I will probably go for a play so to speak. I will update you after the competition.

On another note it will be good to catch up with a few people that I have not seen for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment