Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Have I been real Lazy or what

I seemed to have been real lazy on this for a while. Life, Work and a few other things have been going on, but maybe that has just been an excuse.

Anyways.......

It is now approx 52 weeks until the Commonwealth Powerlifting Champs in Auckland, New Zealand in December 2013, So i have a lot of work to do.

Monday,
Safety bar squats for my main power exercise today with the No# 1 and 2 bands over the bar. Thought the tension would be about 60kg but it turned out to be 100kg. Went up to 185kg on the bar (bar weighs 25kg) and with the added tension of the bands a total of 280kg at the top. Probably 220 -230kg at the bottom of the rep so weight all the way round. Had my Squat Suit on but straps down and knee wraps as well. It felt like I was fighting the suit all day today as I was having real problems getting down to parallel, Speed on the way up was not a problem. Feet could have been a little wider. Tough day but if I want big numbers next year then I am just going to have to live with it. I know some days are going to be good and some days are not going to be good so I just have to accept it. 3 Sets of 2 Reps @ 280/220 (top of rep over bottom of the rep)
On to the rest of my workout for today of Bentover rows, Cable rows and Dumbbell rows to help build up my back. Again have to change my attitude to everything as I know I can be a lot stronger in my back which is not only going to help my Squatting and Deadlifting but will also help with driving power though my benchpress. Finished off with some green band axe swings to help strengthen up my Obliques. Notice the other week that I was shaking to much though my mid section so will have to strengthen them up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment