Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Benchpresses Hmmmm


Benchpress power day today and all I can say is Hmmmmm. Not the way I wanted it to go. I have been thinking that I need to have a good look at what I am doing on these days and that I will have to change things and so today proved it. Work up to my normal weight before putting a shirt on (220kg) and things felt good so I was surprised when I didn't quite lockout the way I should have but thought nothing of it, just one of those things. Put my work weight on (250kg) and wanted doubles today. Down to a 2" board. I had plenty of power off my chest but no lockout. NOT IMPRESSED. So had another go and the same thing. So stopped there as I was not getting what I wanted. 

This did not go anywhere near as well as it should have


Now my thought had been that I was not doing enough or using enough weight when doing my tricep and shoulder training and this proves it, Also throw in not a lot of consistent speed work and you have missed benchpresses. So while I will take the hit on benches I will continue with the plan to teach myself a lesson. So on I went with bench stop presses which is completely different to tricep stop presses for 3 sets of 6 reps with a light weight this week but will reevaluate this during the week and go for a lot heavier. 3 sets 6 of Close grip bench again with a lighter weight and 3 sets 8 of floor presses and to finish off with 3 sets of 10 reps for flat back d/bell tricep extensions gave my tricep a better workout. As I have said I can handle a lot more weight on all of these exercises so will have a look at the weights and move them up quite a bit next week.
I also started to think I need to do more hamstring work so put in 3 set of 10 reps @ 80kg of Stiff legged deadlifts as a starting point. Will need to work these hard over the coming months as If I am real with myself I have not done anywhere near what I should be doing for them. 

Last but not least was 3 sets of Hyper Extensions for 10 reps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment