Thursday, December 6, 2012

On time and Up to Date

Last power day of the week, Deadlifts. Went into Eastside to do Fat Bar Deadlifts but on warm up could really feel my elbow hurting (same injury from helping put up squat suit straps from April this year) so since watching sucks I changed to a normal bar and put the No# 2 bands over the bar.

Set up and ready to go with work weight on the bar, 200kg + 40kg of band tension at the top of the rep
This is the first week of a cycle so the weight was not real high but a good solid weight. I did 10 singles with this with about 90 - 120 seconds between reps. All reps had a good strong pull feel to them. Was able to lock out strong on each one. A lot happier with how this went today.

This is the 7th rep of 10 and basically at the top of the movement
Moved on to Log press for shoulder today as well. I seem to be the only person at the moment in Eastside who is willing to change things, so to that end I pulled out the blue steel log that you can see in the background of the above shot. This is used so rarely that I had to add in the weight of the dust on the log for my total weight. LOL

Lots of Dust, Hmmm, What ya reckon another 100grms of weight.

From what I have been told the log weighs 70 - 75kg so I reckon if I work on 72.5kg I am going to be somewhere close to it's real weight, but who cares about the weight it is how many times you can press it. 3 sets of 6 reps gave my shoulders a good workout. 

Here's me in action

Pressing the Blue Steel Log
Big heavy cycle for my shoulders at the moment so on to Behind the neck Shoulder presses for 3 sets of 8 reps @60kg, Bentover Lat Raises for 3 sets of 10 reps @ 12.5kg and that was shoulders done. I like to control the negative portion of the bentover rep so the weight is not real heavy. I know I can do a lot more weight but since I have not been doing some of these things as well as I should have I have to work back into those weights. Luckily I picked it up now and I have time to fix these things. This time next year and I would have had problems.

Also I have been really badly ignoring my Hamstrings so have made a plan to bring them up over the next year so it was on to the GHR machine. Having never been in a position to use one I had to get some tuition on how to use it. The goal was to do 3 sets of 10 reps but after being shown how to use it and what to do I was only able to 3 sets of 5 reps out. Hey it is a start. The hard part I found was keeping my mind on pulling my weight back up with my Hams and not throwing myself up. My hams are no where strong enough and I will be feeling them for a couple of days. If I want to squat 350kg - 370kg in competition at the Nationals or Commonwealths then I have to start doing these things. Whatever it takes to do that. 






No comments:

Post a Comment