Thursday, October 11, 2012

Deadlifts

Today was deadlift day and during this cycle I am doing high bar Trap bar deadlifts. Went in get these done thinking I might go to about 280kg for a couple, However warm up was going real well with triples so I just kept at it all the way though. My thoughts were if it is going well then I will keep at it and the dangerous " I feel strong at the moment so lets go for it". My warmups were 80 x 3, 130 x 3, 170 x 3, 210 x 3, 250 x 3 and then on to 280 x 3 for 2 sets and I still felt real good so after the second set of 280 I thought what the hell lets go for it and put on 300kg. My thought was I hope to get the first rep then just whatever after that. I got the first one out then just thought what the hell go for it and had a go at a second thinking at worst it doesn't go and I put it down but it just kept coming so I was lucky enough to get a 2nd rep out. Not to bad for a PB attempt, However what do I now do next week which is the final week of this cycle. Hmmmm. Here is some photo's of the last set.
































From there I went on to Log shoulder press like last week except this week I started with the 5kg plates on the bar. First set felt like shit and I felt like I had no power. However before the second set I got my head into it a bit more and added the 10kg plates on to the log. A lot better set and it felt good as well. On the last set I added the 5kg plates back on to the log to make and all up weight of 85/86kg. 6 good reps later I was finished.

Then went on to bentover lat raise for my rear delts. I am one of these people who lower the weight on this exercise under control and don't just drop it back to  the start so the amount of weight I use is not a lot but my rear delts get a great workout. 3 sets of 10 reps @ 15kg was all I needed. on the second set instead of bringing the weight up the normal way people do I pronated my hands so the palms were facing backwards while the rep went out to the sides. Different movement and a different feel. Good to use for a change and if done right I feel it targets the rear delts a little better. Just my thoughts.

Anyway I feel good at the moment and hope to get in and start doing some speed work as I really need it.











No comments:

Post a Comment