Thursday, October 11, 2012

Benchpress Day

Yeeeyyy, Got in on the right day for Benchpress again. Second week of this cycle.

Benching went well today although I am still a little slower off the chest than I want to be. Using the No# 2 bands again this week. The first set @ 185kg for a couple of reps went well and felt good off my chest. I was able to keep my elbows tucked in tight which gave me a good press.
The second set was @ 205kg for a couple of reps. Again a good set up and good press for the first rep, got the second down with control and part of the way up then needed just a small help to finish off the top. Still happy with how it went.
3 set was @ 215kg, got the second rep down and part way up then needed a bit of a hand to the top. On the second rep did a full negative and part of the way up again before needing a hand to finish the top of the rep. Not entirely happy with the second rep but I need to push myself a bit. Not every rep can be perfect but it is a start.

215kg Set and ready to go

No comments:

Post a Comment