Thursday, January 1, 2015

Benchpress and Tricep Training


On to the next day of training. Benchpress and Triceps. Still doing the volume thing so the reps are up at 10's. Each set felt really good with plenty of power. I think the training from the week before has helped quite a bit. As it was the last day of the year and the temperature here in New Zealand is about 25 - 28 degrees C I wasn't in a rush to get things done. Benchpressing went real well and I was able to get in my 3 sets quite easily. Still had plenty of unintended speed off my chest. 3 sets @100kg. Stop presses are going well if you include last weeks work. 4 sets of 10 reps @ 100kg.

As close grip was a little to easy last week I went for 80kg this week and will look at pushing that even higher over the next few weeks. Good form and pretty happy with that. Good start to a BIG benchpress year. Flat back d/bell ext were a little off from what I would have expected but I struggle though to make sure I got them all. Tricep pressdowns finished it all off. as my tricep were starting to feel like they had been worked real well. 2 sets of 10 at 80lbs.

Moved onto a couple of accessory exercises that I need to do a lot more of with the first being Good Mornings with the Buffalo bar. A lot of focus on getting that good worked feeling in my lower back/erectors. so not big weights. 3 x 10 @ 60kg. Finished the train off with 3 return trips of prowler pushes for approx 30 mtrs each with 60kg on the machine.

Overall a good workout and now onto even better training in 2015 and to chasing those real big goals that I have set for myself.

Follow this link to see what I actually did in the gym last night.
Actual training for 31 Dec 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment