Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Training for competition has started


Now that we have got the warm up week out of the way it is now on to the real training. This cycle is going to be a lot of volume, eg sets of 10 reps. At this stage my first competition this year is going to be the Canterbury Benchpress Champs which is generally held in March with my first 3 lift competition being the Canterbury Powerlifting Champs. While I want to be putting up some good numbers at these competitions they are not "targeted" comps. My first Targeted comp will be the South Island champs to be held in June. By this time I hope to be on for a go at a few New Zealand National Records.

Today it was Squats with a straight bar for 3 sets of 10 reps @ only 100kg. Felt a lot better than last week and I had more power, speed and focus for them.

Front squats went pretty well, Could feel myself using my butt a lot more this week than last. happy with them.

Back work consisted of Bentover Rows for 4 sets of 10, D/bell rows of 3 sets @ 35kg and Cable rows for 2 sets at 78kg for 10 reps. All the sets went pretty good and right now I am happy with how it went. A few more weeks of this and I should be getting back on track a lot more.

Go to my training program page to see what I did yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment