Sunday, December 21, 2014

Just Getting Back Into It



First time back in the gym in such a long time (5 weeks) due to personal matters and the fact that there was so much work for me at this time of the year. Long days at work. Got the chance to go in yesterday and start the process again.

Have some pretty big goals and plans for the next 12mths so will have to get it all done. Have targeted 3 big competitions for 2015 with the possibility of a 4th towards the end of 2015. Individual lift wise I have some big goals on that as well. We will go into them at a later date.

Yesterday and for the next few weeks it is a lot of volume and to make sure the body is working fine. I am going to be making a few changes to timing and that sort of thing as well. For the first couple of cycles when I am doing the big heavy weight sets the time between sets is going to be 6 mins for the first week, 7 mins for the second week and 8 mins for the third week. The timing between my accessory sets is going to be 2 mins. So as you can see the speed is going to be up there, However when you go to a competition generally you will have 10 -15 mins between attempts so if you can do this during training it should be quite easy at competition time. All he time I will be trying to push my limits in relation to both weight and reps.

An interesting thing in regards to the workout from yesterday that while I am a little stiff and just a tad sore if I was to rate it I would put stiffness at a 2.5 maybe a 3 out of 10 and soreness at about a 2 just. And this was with 5 weeks off training anything at all.

Total reps for the Day was: 230
Total volume for the Day was: 12590kg

Squats 3 x 10 @ 100kg
Front Squats 4 x 10 @ 60kg
Bentover Rows 4 x 10 @ 60kg
D/bell Rows 3 x 10 @ 25kg (way to light)
Cable Rows 2 x 10 @ 72kg
Reverse Hypers 3 x 10 @ 60kg (love this exercise)
Cable Obliques 4 x 10 @ 42kg

All of this was done in 67 mins from start to finish.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment