Saturday, January 10, 2015

Training Session 2 of 2015


Sorry guys for taking so long to get this up but it has been a busy few days. This train was for Benchpress and Triceps. Again doing volume and it was real hard because my left shoulder did not want to come to the party.

Got the 3 sets of 10 reps @ 120kg on the benchpress fairly easy. Good form and a little bit more power. Things are coming along nicely on this part. Stop presses is where the fun started with my shoulder and while I was getting good strong presses off the pins and to lockout it did not want me to do more than 5 reps in a row, so I went back to how I got out the Front Squats from the other night. had a number that I had to do and just kept working on the reps until I got there. If I had to stop then it was for only 20 - 30 seconds then back into it. If you have never trained like this beofre try it one day as it is NOT as easy as it sounds. The equivalent of 4 sets of 10 reps @ 100kg off Pin# 3.

On to doing Close Grip Benchpress for 4 sets of 10 reps @ 100kg and here was another exercise I had to grind though with only being able to do sets in the form of 4 reps then 3 reps then 3 reps. My shoulder just would not let me do any more. I don't have a problem with 3 reps it is just when I go to the bigger numbers that it plays up.
Flat Back Dumbbell Ext were next and again 3 sets of 10 reps. Could n't feel my shoulder this time so it was reasonably easy to get the reps put. Starting to get full reps as well with a strong lockout. I was using the 40kg dumbbells.
2 sets of Tricep Pressdowns were up next just as a finisher. Was able to get a full lockout as well. Good control of the whole rep as well. 2 sets of 10 reps @ 100lbs.

Overall a  good workout it just the volume that is tough for someone who is a powerlifter and likes to train for power and strength.

Tuesday 6 January 2015 C1W2D2






No comments:

Post a Comment