Monday, January 5, 2015

Training Session 1 2015


Back to the start of the week today and this time it is a full week. Damn it is hot here in Christchurch 29C yesterday and 30+ today. Yes I am from the southern hemisphere and it is summer here right now. Good weather to train in.

Today we are back to Squats and Back work with it being the 2nd week of my 3 week cycle. Squats were for 3 sets of 10 reps @ 140kg. First set felt a bit heavy but then the rest were pretty good but boy does volume suck or what. Got me feet out a bit more today and I am slowly getting back to where I want them when the gear starts getting used. Speed on the whole rep was above average for the first time in a while. Happy with that. Front squats using the Get Strength Front squat harness was another story. Tough work. got in the 40 reps that I was meant to do but with the extra weight the bottom of the harness wants to press into your stomach which makes it hard to breathe so had to break them down into groups of 3 reps so I would be able to take a breath, however I would not way away from the rack so it went something like this, 3 reps re-rack the bar for 20seconds to suck in as much air as I could then 3 more reps then re-rack and 20 seconds later go again. until I had done about 24 then I took a 5 mins rest then repeated the dose. Tough work. All these sets are done 3 - 5 mins apart. That is what a smartphone is for. Haha.

Onto back work starting with 4 sets of 10 reps @ 90kg of bentover rows. Good sets and I am starting to get back to the way I felt last year already. Nice controlled reps.
Dumbbell rows were for 3 sets of 10 reps @ 45kg. These felt real good with good speed and control.
Cable rows for 2 sets of 10 reps at 72kg, Chest out and up high with an emphasis on keeping my elbows tuck in tight.

We are lucky enough to have a Reverse Hyper machine so it was on to that for 3 sets of 10 reps with 40kg  on the plate. I believe this is one piece of equipment that if you have it in you gym you use it. It has helped my out over the last 4 months like you wouldn't believe. Will slowly be bringing my weight on this up over the next few months. This machine just helps out your lower back/glute area so much. Have one in your gym learn how to use it and do so. These sets are done 2 mins apart again using a smartphone for a timer.

Getstrength Front Squat/ Zercher Squat Harness

Reverse Hyper Machine

Cycle 1 Week 2 Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment