Sunday, February 2, 2014

Time for another update

On to Deadlifts on a Friday ( read my other posts and you will find out why). Now that we have got the first cycle out of the way I can start working on some of the things that I feel I need to work on to bring my deadlifts back up and beyond what they were last year. I need to add in a lot more variety as well as a better attitude toward's he whole rep.I need to be stronger and faster off the floor, more aggressive though the center of the rep and build a stronger lockout.

Deadlifts 220kg + 50kg Chain x 3 reps off a 3 mat (each mat is 20mm) Set 1
Deadlifts 220kg + 50kg Chain Set 1
Wasn't to sure how this was going to go due to a number of factors, but did not need to worry. Strong off the floor and pretty good speed though the middle part of the rep and a good lockout. I like to place the weight and reset before the next rep as I believe it teach's you how to get the weight off the floor better.

Deadlifts 220kg + 50kg Chain x 3 reps Set 2
Deadlifts 220kg + 50kg x 3 reps Set 2
Another good set here although I am slowing down a bit on the whole rep. Reasonable off the floor, however not quite as quick as I wanted in the middle of the rep. Okay lockout.

Deadlifts 220kg + 50kg Chain x 3 reps Set 3
Deadlifts 220kg + 50kg Chain x 3 reps Set 3
The first 2 reps are pretty good here even though I am a little slow through the middle of the rep. The last rep I have to work for as I am not lifting as strong on that one as I should be. Also the lockout is not as strong as it could have been.

Overall a reasonable way to start deadlifting big again, still plenty to work on. I should be happy that I got what I wanted in the way of reps. I think the rest will come it is just if I am not hard on myself now why would I want to change later on.

The rest of the workout went like this
Trap Bar Deadlifts 280 x 3 reps Goal is 5 reps
Trapbar Deadlifts 280 x 3 reps
I have put these in in the same vein as the pin squats and benchpress. One set to over load the body. The best I could come up with so if you have a better idea please let me know. Once I get to 5 reps then I will increase the weight.

Log Press 70kg x 6 reps
Log Press 70kg x 6 reps
These felt pretty strong for a change. I am working on getting back up in to the bigger weights for this exercise to get my shoulders a lot stronger than they have been.

Standing Machine Press 80kg x 8 reps
Standing Machine Press 80kg x 8 reps
A new exercise for me or one I haven't done in a very long time. Just wanting to hit my shoulder from a different angle Felt good even though it is a machine.

Sled Pulls 80kg x 1 (there and back) Approx 12 mtrs each way
Sled Pulls 80 x 1, approx 12mtr each way.
These were a lot harder than I thought it would be. I have changed to this for something different just to use that posterior chain at the end of the workout.

Overall a good workout with a lot to work still to be done in regards to the deadlift. The shoulders part has to be worked on and with my bodyweight coming back the strength will come over time.







No comments:

Post a Comment