Sunday, February 9, 2014

Strong Deadlifts and a good weekly total

Today was deadlift day and now is a good time to consolidate what I had done last week. Felt good going into the gym and also knew I had some work to do. Strong stance and a quick pull off the ground with some power through the rest of the rep.

Set 1 230kg + 50kg Chain off 2 mats
230kg + 50kg Chain x 2 reps off 2 mats
Good set up at the bar and a strong mindset. The bar took a bit more to get off the floor than I thought it would. A little slow on the pull however never thought I was going to miss. Reset the second and it seemed to come up better. Pretty happy with this as it gave me a 840kg week.

Set 2 230kg + 50kg Chain off 2 mats
230kg + 50kg Chain x 2 reps off 2 mats set 2
A lot better on this set with a better pull off the floor. Weight seemed to come though the center of the lift a lot better. Good lockout. Second rep I twist a little however was still able to get the weight to the top. Speed wasn't great but I will take it.

Set 3 230kg + 50kg Chain off 2 mats
230kg + 50kg Chain x 2 reps off 2 mats set 3
A lot tougher than I was hoping for. Seemed to struggle to get the bar moving and the weight seemed heavier. Was able to lock both reps out. Pretty consistent through both reps. Good way to finish a heavy week so happy with that side if things.

Overall a pretty good workout with reasonable speed off the floor and through the rep. Lockout was good as well. Probably could be a bit quicker/stronger through the first 2/3rds of the rep. Good to see some better results already with my deadlifting.

On to
Log Press. 75kg x 6 reps
Log Press
Don't know why but this was one tough exercise today. Just had no real power on any of the sets and the reps were crap. Struggled to get all the reps done but somehow got there.

Machine Press 100kg x 8 reps
Machine press 100kg x 8 reps
These were a lot better that the log press and I was able to get out some good reps here. Could feel my shoulders working hard. It is a different exercise and works from a different angle. I like it so I will cycle it in and out over the year.

Bentover Band Lat Raise
Bentover Band Lat Raise x 10 reps
Should have used the blue band here but just did not have the power today to use them. went back to the red bands and got some pretty good reps done. Could feel my rear delts by the end of the last set.

Overall a reasonable workout however some more power and strength during the shoulders part would have been good. Some days you have good days and some days you have mediocre days. Today was the latter.





No comments:

Post a Comment