Saturday, January 16, 2016

Oh to be able to squat big again

What a good feeling it is doing prowler pushes. Using them as a GPP warm up for squatting day. As my body is already warm it dosen't take much to get it ready for the extra work. 3 x 1 25 mtr there and 25 mtr back pushes with 60kg on the machine.

Front Squats 3 x 10 @ 60kg

I was using the front squat harness from Get Strength  for the first time in to long. Felt good to do. able to get my feet placed well and really worked hard on squeezing my butt hard on the way up (get into good habits from the start). It is not until you can't do something that you realise how good of an exercise it is. I just like using the harness as it allows me to concentrate on the lift I m doing and not on what the bar is doing.

Leg Curls 3 x 10 @ 32.5kg.

Yes I know but I have to rebuild my hams from the start. These felt a lot better than last week and my hams are handling everything better. Will change to something else after this cycle. Good clean reps  
Calve Raise 3 x 10 @ 20kg

Again I am getting better at these as I slowly rebuild my calves. Good tight contractions at the  top with a controlled descent and a real stretch at the bottom. Done right you don't need massive weight to get the job done.

Pull thoughs 3 x 10 @ 30kg

Getting better t these as well. using your but to move the weight makes all the difference. Most people don't do them and if they do they throw and drop the reps getting very little out of the exercise. I like to control the reps and feel it working. want a big squat or deadlift you have to have a strong arse.

Reverse Hypers 3 x 10 @ 40kg

One of my favourite exercise's. a good way to finish a/squat workout. Still trying to find my old form but getting there. Good controlled reps however just need some more strength and power in my butt be real happy. Like the stretch I get out of it for my lower back.

Obliques 3 x 10 @ 30kg

Good exercise for strengthening my obliques up. Thought I would b a lot weaker though my core (man I hate that word) than I am but I have kept quite a bit of strength in that area. Good clean strong reps.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment