Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Big Bench's are still a little way off

A good way to warm up for bench's, using Hammer Hits to warm up the shoulders and chest. I am really starting to like this idea of using GPP work to warm up.

Benchpresses 3 x 10 @ 67.5kg

Using 1 4.3kg chain per side as well as a bit of weight. I have my own set of hooks that I can use to get a full deload and reload. Felt pretty good with a little speed but more just working on time under tension.

Incline Dumbbell Press 3 x 10 @ 20kg

Getting a little stronger on these as I can flick the weight over and control it a lot better than last week. Really good presses and this just felt like some good reps. Plenty of control and speed.

Floor close grip benchpress 3 x 10 @ 42.5kg

Lying on the floor and with 2 x 4.3kg chains over the bar. Weight is already starting to get a bit light but want to stick to the plan and not rush. All the reps felt good even though it was a bit light.

Tricep pressdowns 3 x 10 @ 36kg

These are getting better each time I do them. Getting a lot of activation from my left tricep over my right even though I am trying to press evenly with both arms. I put it down to that was the side that started everything last year it is behind a bit. Hopefully with synergy both triceps will get stronger together.

Obliques 3 x 10 with the No# 1 band Bottom to Top.

This is one of those exercises that could be a bit dangerous if done wrong for me. Took my time and pulled the band across the body and up. Holding the abs in made me slow down and I really got a lot out of this today. Happy, Happy, Happy.

Abs 3 x 10 with a green band

I am limited a bit to what I can do for abs but this is one of them. Did this standing and pulling away from the anchor point. By holding the abs in tight and crunching with my abs I got a lot out of this. Might have to keep this in for a while, Also might have to do some research on different different ab exercise's.

No comments:

Post a Comment