Tuesday, January 19, 2016

I Like Deadlifts

Warming up the lower body/hips area with 3 sets of sled pulls with 50kg for a walk of 25 mtrs there and 25 mtrs back.

Deadlifts 3 x 10 @ 70kg

These reps are starting to get easier. Just having to work on keeping my butt down a little more. Plenty of speed off the floor just have to work bringing my strength and power up. Happy with them.

Bentover Rows 3 x 10 @ 50kg

Just got to work on controlling the weight on the way down a bit more. Can feel my back work on these reps so again getting the reaction from my body that I was looking for.

Lat Pulldowns 3 x 10 @ 100, 110, 120 Pounds

Getting better at these and I am really working on "locking" my lats down tight. Can feel the lats getting worked. Reps felt good and as can been seen weight was pretty light so worked up to a good weight. Hope to repeat it next week.

Dumbbell Rows 3 x 10 @ 20

Again good reps and getting a good workout for my back. The weight is probably a bit light and I will be going up next week. Nice reps with a lot of control both ways. Again I am looking for time under tension.

45 Degree hyper-extensions 3 x 10 @ 10kg

Good way to finish off the lower back and to keep things moving. Getting a good stretch at the bottom and am able to keep my back tight on the way up. I am only coming up to the point where the body is straight. I am not hyperextending the back past that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment