Saturday, October 11, 2014

Speed work

Safety Squat Bar/50% Chain = 60kg, 2 Mats 90 seconds between sets.
Not to bad for not having done any speed work for a while. A little slow on the first few sets but then was able to get some good speed going. Feet weren't as wide as they could have been however I will work on that over the next few weeks/cycles. Gone back to what I was doing of sitting on the box and relaxing the glutes then contracting hard as I stand up. It seems to work. Didn't have a timer but it would have interesting.  Need to work on getting wider stance and quicker speed off the box.

No#2 Bands 90 Seconds between sets
Really Really need to work on this as I am WAY to slow. If I want to go into the big weights then I need to get quicker. The main reason for being so slow is that I have been doing the big stuff but no where near enough of the speed work. 2 things I need to work on is shear speed and way stronger lockouts. Need to start using the video camera again.

60kg of Chain 90 seconds between sets.
This is about the only thing that I would give a pass mark to just. Sumo lifts were pretty good and quick and with the lighter weights I was able to get back to my old style of deadlifting which felt stronger and faster. Need to work on speed and power off the floor and a lot stronger on the lockout. Normal stance was good but plenty of room to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment