Monday, October 20, 2014

A bit of a test

Went in to do deadlifts today and it just felt like a day to do a bit of a test to see how I was going as I slowly work back from my glute injury.

Set 1 220kg x 2 reps
What a crap set here. I was wobbling all over the place and made this look real hard. Haven't done anywhere near enough and in particular this set shows it. Way to slow and no ping in getting my hips though. This should be a real easy weight for me. Take a look at how bad it is here

This is real bad

Set 2 240kg x 1 rep
This is a lot better as I am a lot more stable. A bit slow and it took a bit of time to get my hips though however there are a number of issues for this. Not much else to say

240kg x 1 rep

Set 3 260 x 1 rep
This is the best that I have pull since my Glute injury about 5 months ago and just the relief of knowing that what I been doing is slowly paying off is why the celebration at the end. Way slow and all sorts of things but as I said before I know why.

260 x 1 Rep

Did some shoulder presses and the some Machine shoulder press after that. Could have done a couple of other exercises today but did not want to push my luck. As you can see there is no aggression or intensity to this rep, I just wanted to see how I would go. Also as you can see there a bit of time just getting it into my head.

Deadlifts
220kg x 2
240kg x 1
260kg x 1

Shoulder press
4 x 6 @80kg

Machine shoulder press
3 x 8 @ 66kg




No comments:

Post a Comment