Sunday, June 29, 2014

A little behind but here is an update.

Have been feeling like shit for the last few days while I fight a strong cold. however I tried to keep moving.

Wednesday:

Got to do some deadlifting today but with light weight and no power or aggression, more of a use it or lose it thing. Did 3 sets of 3 at 100kg and then 3 sets of 3 at 140kg. Sumoed the first set of the different weights then back to my normal stance. Couldn't really feel my my lower butt or top of the hamstring which is where I have been having problems over the last few weeks. Still good to get them out of the way.

Stopped shoulder press, Pronated D/bell press and Bentover Band Lat Raise's finished off the night. Happy to get though this with no major pain.

Stop Shoulder press: 4 x 5 @60,65,70,75 kg
Pronated D/bell Press 3 x 8 @ 27.5kg
Bentover Band Lat Raise: 3 x 10 with the No#2 Bands


Friday;

Went in to do a bit of speed work. As I am trying a few things it was not the normal speed day. As I have not done a lot of speed over the last few months for various reasons I am working my way back into it.

Box Squats: I don't give a shit what anybody thinks anymore I will work off a 2 mat every time and if people want to say it ain't lower enough then that's their opinion. Need to work on a few things but I am going back to what I know works for me. No# 1 Bands and 60kg on the bar (about 100kg at the top) 6 sets of 2 reps. Next week I will go to 8 sets of 2 reps.

Speed Press: Person there with a slingshot so I had a play with that tonight and was only using 100kg for slowish sets of 3 reps. Not to worried about things this cycle. Slingshot is interesting to use. Wasn't what I expected however that could be because I wasn't using any real power/speed or aggression. Put all those factors together and be using 140kg and it might be a different story. However good to have a play.

Right now on to next week although I have got some stretching to do on Sunday so that will be interesting to see what it does for me over the long term.

No comments:

Post a Comment