Monday, May 5, 2014

Max Effort Monday

Well the bug is just about gone and it is now week 3 of this cycle. This bug has taken approx 2 weeks out of my training for the Nationals. Bloody thing.

Still had to have a go just to see where I was up to. First up was Safety Bar Squats, First set I got wrong as I was searching for the bottom when I should have been hitting it right. Speed was good on the ascent on all the sets although I had to work a bit for the last set. 2nd and 3rd set I hit depth real well and was quite happy with them.

Front squats were good and strong. T/bar rows and Dumbbell rows  Were pretty good as well. Also added in some Hyperextensions and Band Obliques.

Overall pretty happy with how it went all things considered however I would say that I am at about 85% - 90% where I would like to have been. That shows you how much this bug beat the shit out of me.  3rd set of safety Bar squats equals my PB for weight on the bar and I think with the 20kg of chain that would be close to PB material as well. Just got to get my timing sorted and who knows. On to something else next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment