Sunday, April 23, 2017

Okay here we go

Okay so after sorting a few things out mentally in my head and getting back into the groove of things I need to get back into things.

First thing: 2 yrs after being told I probably would never lift again competitively I was able to get back to the competition stage at the Canterbury Powerlifting Association (CPA) Champs on the 8th April. My main focus for this event was to have some fun and to come away with a total. Well we got the first part done but not the 2nd part. Because of a couple of the drugs they have me on for controlling the blood counts in relation to the Myeloma I have put on a bit more weight than I would like and was having trouble getting down to depth. Unfortunately this lead me to bomb on the squats. Interesting in that I wass trying to get 255kg down and it still wouldn't go. On reflection I should have started on 270/275. With the bench I did a raw 120kg then came off and got into my benchshirt. Went to 220kg and got right out of the groove and the bar came back towards the top of my chest instead of staying down towards my belly. Got a press but it stopped 1/2 way up. Wasn't to worried about it so for a play I went for 235 on the 3rd and it went down real well and I knew this ine was coming up, however waiting for the press call my left wrist started to roll forward and I was never catching that much weight. Damn cause that weight felt good and it was set to go back up. I was still having fun and deadlifts were up next. I have been having a real mental challenge with these for a few weeks and also been trying a new style of lifting with them so opened with a real light 200 which I got and then went for 220kg which I also got. Tried for a 250kg but it just wasn't going to happen so put it down. I learnt lots and had a lot of fun and enjoyed myself which was the big part.

Then the hard part: Self evaluation Hmmm, In reality yes I need to change the depth I squat to on a box, 1 mat should put me under and also a lot more work needs to happen on my benchpress either in a shirt or out of it, and I need to sort out what I am doing with my deadlifting. I was going to pass on the South Island's in June but have since decided I need to do them to motivate me to get better and to give me more time on the platform. I feel my training program is right but I just need to sort out some of the finer details. I do need to put in more GPP work to help get me fitter and to help bring my weight back to around that 138kg mark. I weigh in for the Canterbury's at a massive 149.9kg which is way to heavy. I also need to do a lot more mobility/stretching work and speed work. So plenty to work on over the next few months. So expect more updates over the coming months.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment