Saturday, October 22, 2016

Week one out of the way

After nine months of training and a couple of weeks of testing myself I feel confident enough to start some serious training and to aim for a return to the competition platform at the Canterbury Powerlifting Championships in April 2017. This will be nearly 3 yrs after my last competitive outing. I feel that I am able to turn up to win and not just make up numbers. A lot has changed for me in the time since my last competition and some of my training has as well. I will be training in my gear for safety and when some people would be saying you should be doing doubles or triples again for safety I might be only doing singles. I still have the drive to want to win and to be the best. I have also set myself some big goals as well and if I didn't feel I could achieve them I would not be wanting to compete. WATCHING SUCKS. Also there is the goals I had last year that need to be chased and conquered

  1. 900kg Total
  2. 907.5kg (2000 lbs) Total
  3. 300kg Benchpress
  4. 365kg Squat
These were the goals for last year. There are a couple of other goals for next year however at this stage I will keep them to myself. 

To the week of training

Monday went pretty well with me getting the numbers on the big stuff that I wanted. 3 sets of 3 reps @ 265kg. Speed of the reps was good even though I have not a lot of speed work over the last year. I had more trouble with foot placement than anything else. Accessory work was also good but will need to up the intensity next week.

Tuesday was a hit and miss day as I was only able to get my benches in as getting use to the benchshirt again. By the time I had finished that I had run out of time so went in on Wednesday to finish it off. Again the accessory stuff was good but I will have to challenge myself a bit more on that next week. 

Friday was for deadlifting which went well, not looking for big numbers yet however I had 180kg + 40kg of chain off  3 mats. Good feel and happy with them but need to work on locking my knees out more. The accessory work was good as well however some of the numbers will have to be changed for next week as I am leaving a bit on the floor. 

Overall a good starting week with being able to hit the numbers I wanted which now gives me confidence I can carry on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment